http://www.phionamartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/fraud.jpg 703 1280 Phiona Martin http://www.phionamartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/PM-Logo-Small.png Phiona Martin2017-12-05 07:31:032019-05-04 15:36:1510 Ways To Spot A Job Scam!
Here are 10 signs that a job is probably a scam
- You are asked to pay money. This is the BIGGEST red flag, any job that requires you to pay money, whether in the form of admin fees, visa fees etc. is often a scam.
- Dream jobs that sound too good to be true and have exaggerated salaries and benefits.
- Very simple job requirements – everyone qualifies to apply.
- Getting a job offer immediately after applying.
- There is pressure for you to act quickly in accepting the offer. (This is so you don’t get adequate time to research the legitimacy of the job.)
- Being asked for personal information upfront e.g. your banking details, identity documents.
- Getting a job without an interview or proper screening.
- Unprofessional communication. Badly written emails or communicating via whatsapp, text, messenger etc.
- Using free email addresses e.g. gmail, yahoo.
- Little to no information about the company online. If you have come across job scams, please share other tactics in the comments